I offer a wide range of psychotherapeutic services to adolescents and adults, with expertise in working with those from Jewish, Asian, Hispanic and African-American cultures. I have a sliding scale fee and am reimbursable by most insurance companies as an out-of-network provider. Additionally, I am available to organizations for lectures and workshops on a variety of topics pertaining to the specialties below.
- Gender Specialist Ð Skilled professional in issues relating to sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, coming out and establishing a positive identity.
- Life Stage Issues: Working, Partnering, Parenting (or Not) and Parental Caretaking
Performing and Creative Artists
- Specializing in issues related to living with a chronic illness. This includes the physical, psychological and emotional aspects of living with HIV and the impact it has on one's friends and family.
Depression, Social Phobias, Life Skills
- Specializing in working with performing and creative artists. Managing the needs for artistic satisfaction, financial stability and a viable personal life while sustaining a career as an artist can present a formidable challenge. Conflicts may arise that often find expression as performance anxieties or creative blockages. Both can be potentially disabling, but both can be successfully treated so creative and artistic abilities are once again accessible.
- Specializing in the management of chronic depression, low self-esteem, life dissatisfaction, as well as more serious problems of self-mutilation, suicidal feelings and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SADS).
I offer psychological testing for adolescents and adults.
Specializing in group work with chamber music ensembles to address relational conflicts that may be interfering with artistic performance. Problem solving techniques and conflict resolution skills are used to help enhance working relationships.
Specializing in diversity training regarding same-sex partners and gay and lesbian families. Particularly sensitivity around domestic partner benefits, health care issues, fertility and children of gay and lesbian parents.